ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Owns and operates an average budget in excess of $25M.
• Leads people, coordinates and inspires the team and achieves results under challenging circumstances.
• Works comfortably with financial statements, and financial concepts, in a service organization.
• Provides extraordinary customer service to all internal and external customers (including patients and other Chen Medical team members).
• Monitors office communication and performance to ensure that front desk, referrals and care promoter teams operate in an efficient, accurate and customer-focused manner. • Collaborates with team leaders to conduct performance evaluations of team members and complete any required disciplinary actions.
• Monitors the number of patients and wait times to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
• Addresses and resolves all customer-service or team member issues.
• Ensures accuracy of all incoming and outgoing information including supplies, invoices, billing requests and patient records.
• Works in partnership with the Sales and Marketing COE in developing strategies to increase and retain membership.
• Applies a bias towards frugality and creativity when it comes to problem solving for operational challenges, seeking to improve people, process and systems resolutions before increasing costs and complexity.
• Utilizes a keen sense of business acumen that assists with understanding our business, appreciating the various operating levers to utilize for success and driving significant new patient growth in their center.
• Demonstrates an astute sense of ownership; the successful Center Manager will drive success of the center from all dimensions – people, finance, service, growth and outcomes, as if they owned the organization.
• Maintains an awareness of the competitive healthcare environment; actively drive sales and ensures that ChenMed et.al’s level of service exceeds all other healthcare providers.
• Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion. Other responsibilities may include:
• Conducts tours for prospective patients and ensures New Patient paperwork is completed and in chart.
Works with PCPs to assist with scheduling meetings with patients and/or writing letters to/for patients.
• Reviews reports to ensure target metrics are achieved and processes are being followed. • Ensures co-pays are compliantly collected and cash is reconciled and deposited.
• Conducts walk-through of the Center to ensure a clean and safe environment, including spot checks of back office for expired medications, proper biohazard waste and medicine disposal, etc.
• Conducts trainings and refreshers regarding Medicare and HIPAA compliance, ensures annual OSHA trainings occur and employees have all required certifications current in their files.
• Monitors transportation and housekeeping activities.
• Monitors and/or alters team member work schedules, including approval of overtime or vacations.
• Collaborates with the Leadership Team and Administrators in relation to strategic business planning. Competencies:
• Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Builds Effective Teams: Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Situational Adaptability: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Customer Focus: Building strong customer-centric relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
• Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The experience, skills and abilities commensurate with managing an entity that exceeds $25M in revenue.
• Ability to learn with an openness and curiosity about the ChenMed Way and willingness to adapt to our innovative approach to improving health outcomes.
• Strong track record of taking on new assignments and quickly mastering new ways of accomplishing goals.
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with a high degree of objectivity and analytical skills to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and processes and work effectively with other team members.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
• Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 20% of the time.
• Spoken and written fluency in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma with a minimum of 12 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality;
- Associate’s degree with a minimum of 10 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Healthcare Administration or a related discipline with a minimum of 7 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality.
FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES the above plus:
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive supervisory/managerial experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ Income Statement management experience required.
FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES the above plus:
- A minimum of 3 years’ INTERNAL supervisory/managerial experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in working with ChenMed center level Income Statements, Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related discipline preferred.