This is a customer-service and leadership-focused position working directly with patients and their families, insurance representatives, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns and operates an average budget in excess of $25M.
- Leads people, coordinates and inspires the team and achieves results under challenging circumstances.
- Works comfortably with financial statements, and financial concepts, in a service organization.
- Provides extraordinary customer service to all internal and external customers (including patients and other Chen Medical team members).
- Monitors office communication and performance to ensure that front desk, referrals and care promoter teams operate in an efficient, accurate and customer-focused manner.
- Collaborates with team leaders to conduct performance evaluations of team members and complete any required disciplinary actions.
- Monitors the number of patients and wait times to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
- Addresses and resolves all customer-service or team member issues.
- Ensures accuracy of all incoming and outgoing information including supplies, invoices, billing requests and patient records.
- Works in partnership with the Sales and Marketing COE in developing strategies to increase and retain membership.
- Applies a bias towards frugality and creativity when it comes to problem solving for operational challenges, seeking to improve people, process and systems resolutions before increasing costs and complexity.
- Utilizes a keen sense of business acumen that assists with understanding our business, appreciating the various operating levers to utilize for success and driving significant new patient growth in their center.
- Demonstrates an astute sense of ownership; the successful Center Manager will drive success of the center from all dimensions – people, finance, service, growth and outcomes, as if they owned the organization.
- Maintains an awareness of the competitive healthcare environment; actively drive sales and ensures that ChenMed et.al’s level of service exceeds all other healthcare providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducts tours for prospective patients and ensures New Patient paperwork is completed and in chart.
- Works with PCPs to assist with scheduling meetings with patients and/or writing letters to/for patients.
- Reviews reports to ensure target metrics are achieved and processes are being followed.
- Ensures co-pays are compliantly collected and cash is reconciled and deposited.
- Conducts walk-through of the Center to ensure a clean and safe environment, including spot checks of back office for expired medications, proper biohazard waste and medicine disposal, etc.
- Conducts trainings and refreshers regarding Medicare and HIPAA compliance, ensures annual OSHA trainings occur and employees have all required certifications current in their files.
- Monitors transportation and housekeeping activities.
- Monitors and/or alters team member work schedules, including approval of overtime or vacations.
- Collaborates with the Leadership Team and Administrators in relation to strategic business planning.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Situational Adaptability: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer-centric relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The experience, skills and abilities commensurate with managing an entity that exceeds $25M in revenue.
- Ability to learn with an openness and curiosity about the ChenMed Way and willingness to adapt to our innovative approach to improving health outcomes.
- Strong track record of taking on new assignments and quickly mastering new ways of accomplishing goals.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with a high degree of objectivity and analytical skills to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and processes and work effectively with other team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 20% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- This position requires use and exercise of independent judgment.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma with a minimum of 12 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
- Associate degree with a minimum of 10 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Healthcare Administration or a related discipline with a minimum of 7 years’ related internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality.
- FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES the above plus: A minimum of 5 years’ progressive supervisory/managerial experience required. A minimum of 3 years’ Income Statement management experience required.
- FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES the above plus:A minimum of 3 years’ INTERNAL supervisory/managerial experience required. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in working with ChenMed center level Income Statements, Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related discipline preferred.