Clinical Operations Specialist
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Clinical Quality and NICU teams with new market quality assessment process and supports quality improvement activities in the launching of new market and debut of expanding market centers.
- Appraises new and expanding markets for clinical operational improvements, including better efficiency, better quality and lower expenditures, reports findings to clinical quality leadership and gives feedback for resolutions. As needed, supports Clinical Quality measures in established markets, as well.
- Aids in developing plans to optimize clinical operations and assists with department implementations of those plans.
- Performs direct patient care activities which include: assist with patient examinations and screening tests, records vital statistics and other routine patient care procedures and processes that support physicians/providers and the organization’s core model.
- Substitutes for Care Supervisors, Care Promoters and/or Medical Technicians, as needed.
- Trains Care Promoters and other clinical support staff on standard operating practices and procedures to ensure clinical quality standards are consistently applied throughout the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Compassion and empathy for our patients and family members
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence care team members, including physicians & providers, market leaders, nurses, center managers and front desk staff
- Mindset focused on problem-free center openings and expansions
- Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Skilled in operating personal computer, software and relevant IT systems
- Skilled in taking patients’ vital signs and obtaining blood and other samples for laboratory work
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure processes are documented and adhered to
- Ability to be calm and flexible in busy or stressful situations
- Bilingual a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide more than 50% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
High school diploma or equivalent required
A minimum of 3 years’ related clinical work experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), with a valid, active license to practice nursing in current state of employment OR Medical Assistants with significant (>5yrs) clinical and leadership experience may be considered in lieu of LPN
BLS for Healthcare Providers required
Certified Medical Assistant strongly preferred
IV Therapy certification required by state board of nursing in Florida and Pennsylvania markets
Experience working with geriatric patients preferred
Prior leadership experience highly desired