Front Desk Team Member
The Front Desk Team Member is a patient’s first contact with ChenMed and as such must provide exceptional customer service. She/he answers the office phones, registers patients and schedules appointments for patients. As a front desk team member she/he greets patients, checks patients in to and out of the medical office and provides basic secretarial support.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts appropriately with patients and record information while greeting, checking-in, checking-out or scheduling appointments for patients.
- Utilizes computer programs to add new patients, checks patients in and out, prints out relevant forms for processing, and schedules appointments.
- Answers telephones, takes detailed and accurate messages, and ensures messages are directed to the appropriate individual.
- Clearly communicates information about ChenMed Medical Associates to patients and other individuals.
- Verifies patient insurance via phone or website and collect any necessary payment for services.
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Maintains the confidentiality of patients’ personal information and medical records.
- Reviews patients’ personal and appointment information for completeness and accuracy.
- Transmits correspondence by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ChenMed Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Skill in oral communication (Fluent in English required).
- Ability to communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a medical facility, plus working knowledge of medical insurance and/or knowledge of electronic medical record are preferred.