The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) leads and manages all aspects of the HR function within his/her assigned market/client group, while balancing, supporting and addressing Corporate, Market and Local needs, challenges and opportunities. This position serves as the focal point of contact for the Market Presidents and the respective team in defining and executing all HR and organizational priorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First line contact for clients regarding all human resource activities. Effectively coordinate overall HR support to ensure that client’s needs are met in timely, high-quality fashion for staffing, employee relations, compensation, salary planning, training/ development, recognition/reward, relocation and other HR related services.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating all Human Resource support for the identified client group. Client groups could range from 300 – 500 employees, respectively.
- Supports the implementation of HR strategy and tactics to the overall business priorities of the organization and effectively manages the execution of these initiatives to result in improved business performance.
- Serves as a strategic advisor to senior Leader(s) and partners with their respective management team to translate the needs of the business into actionable, value add HR programs and initiatives.
- Serves as champion, leads or supports business initiatives focused on enhancing organization effectiveness, performance and talent, including but not limited to: Organization Design and Effectiveness, Organization and Capabilities Review (potential ratings, succession plans, development plans, and calibration sessions), Performance Management and Rewards, Training/Development (nominations, coaching), Employee Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Works closely with the Functional Leader/Market President and their respective leadership team on all organizational change initiatives (reorganizations, talent upgrades, promotions, reductions in force, performance improvement plans, separations and related communications).
- Ensures that organizational change efforts are managed effectively and in a legally defensible manner.
- Provides services directly to the client group Leadership team and act as liaison between clients and the HR Center of Expertise (COE) teams. Active member of leadership team for client groups.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to influence; strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated analytical capability and understanding.
- Ability to work cross-culturally; understanding how to work effectively in different geographies and business environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong time management and priorities management skills.
- Strong knowledge of labor laws.
- This position requires 30% to 50% of local and nationwide travel to assigned markets and clinics.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource management or business or a related field.
- Preferred: Advanced degree e.g., Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in Human Resources or Masters of Science and Industrial Relations (MSIR).
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of progressive human resource experience or a combination of human resource and business experience. Significant experience in various HR disciplines, including TM/OD, talent assessment/development/coaching, compensation and rewards, Employee Relations, and change management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and HRIS system, e.g. Workday.