Tai Chi Instructor
The Tai Chi Instructor will educate and lead participants in Tai Chi classes with a focus towards assisting them in achieving their fitness goals in a safe and friendly manner. The Instructor ensures the safe instruction of each class in accordance with ChenMed policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements low-impact aerobic exercise or body movement programs for senior age groups at various ChenMed medical locations.
- Demonstrates proper and safe use of equipment, including stereo and microphone.
- Pays constant attention to fitness level and age group of class and teaches accordingly.
- Exhibits professionalism when dealing with class participants, and staff.
- Maintains attendance records for each class per the direction of the manager.
- Provides participants with up-to-date information on programs being held at the medical center.
- Projects enthusiasm, motivation, a positive personality and a willingness to help internal and external customers.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Uses appropriate format for every class; adds variety to classes.
- Demonstrates work ethic, ingenuity, customer care, and attention to detail.
- Maintains familiarity with and abides by the policies stated by ChenMed Employee Handbook as well as the CFM Operations.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to motivate participants.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with diverse group of people.
- Ability to demonstrate fitness routines.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Current Tai Chi Certification and/or recent training which demonstrates appropriate knowledge base for safely teaching Tai Chi to an older adult population with diverse needs and abilities.
- Current CPR certification required.
- At least one year of experience as a Tai Chi Instructor.
- Experience in a Healthcare facility a plus.